Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm Nuts About You for The Cutting Cafe



Oh, I love FALL and I'm just waiting for it...we have had some rather nice weather lately, which makes me want fall even more!  I went with some lovely fall colors for this week's project for The Cutting Cafe, while I'm waiting for fall's colors to arrive in my yard.



I used the Acorn Shaped Card file (but as you can see I did not make a card and that acorn is considerably smaller).   I sized the acorn detail pieces down to fit a tag and cut it with my Silhouette.  I clothespinned the tag to a felt bag.  And you can see some of those cute acorn cookies that I made to put inside.


The circle sentiment is part of the set, too.


I've seen a lot of toilet paper rolls turned into pouches.  This is based on that idea, but I just rolled up a piece of felt (used tacky glue and couple of stitches to hold it together) and then zigzagged across the bottom.  Super easy!  I made it a little prettier by adding my favorites:  ribbon, twine and button!

Regina will have all the DT inspiration posted tomorrow on The Cutting Cafe Blog - she'll have a giveaway, too!  Hope you're having a wonderful week!

13 comments:

  1. this is just the cutest tag!!! Love it-and those cookies look yummy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your project, lori! great colors! love your felt pouch inspired by the toilet paper roll. love making toilet paper roll minis. thanks for sharing and have a great rest of your week! *hugs* and much aloha, steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lori, I'm nuts about you and all the great projects you come up with. These colors are so pretty!
    Are you a coloroligist? ha-ha

    Have a wonderful day girlfriend...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you can make nuts look as adorable and sweet as you Lori, what fun result with the toilet rolls, well done again!
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. i swear everytime i come to your site it makes MY SMILE..i love the bright cheery colors...fantastic...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely piece, Lori. Fall is my fave time of year, too! Thanks for your visits on my blog, they are much appreciated! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I am nuts about you too Sugar even though I cannot do these fancy cut out things. It is a pleasure following you!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful project! I love how you sized the acorn down like that! You chose such beautiful colors and it all came together perfect! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag and felt bag you made! =) Wonderful colors too! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute! Love it!! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Bear Rabbit. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-15.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous lovin' all the textures! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails