Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cupcake Inspiration at The Cutting Cafe

This month's inspiration theme at The Cutting Cafe is cupcakes.  Regina has lots of cutie cupcake digi stamps to choose from.  I used images from All About Cupcakes and Hey Cupcake Frame Set on my card.  I've been wanting to make a pincushion for awhile (why not a cupcake?)!  I decided to make a pincushion and card that somewhat match. 
 I changed the color on the frame to green and printed the cupcake on patterned paper (without the flower).
For the pincushion I used three cupcake liners so it would be sturdy and lined them with scalloped felt (cut with a Papertrey Ink die). 
 The cupcake part is made with pink fleece that I sprayed with some Tattered Angels just to give it some depth.
  The top of the pincushion and the card cupcake match with their ribbon roses and green and white dyed seam binding ribbon.   The Cutting Cafe Monthly Inspiration will up Monday, May 16th - be sure to go take a look!

ETA:  You can win any 3 sets  by leaving a comment at The Cutting Cafe.  Winner will be chosen by random drawing.  Also there's a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE of equal or lesser value on ALL of the sets offered from now until Wednesday, May 18th at midnight (PST).

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pair... just too pretty. I love your roses made with seam binding... such a soft look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!!! Looks delicious!!! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DITTO to what everyone else said. This is one yummy project. I need to try out one of these pub cushions. I love this Lori. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy creation.. This is so creative.. And that pin cushion look equally as cute.. Hope you are having a happy Sunday!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Lori, this set is FABULOUS! Love the colors you used and the roses made of ribbon are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And congratulations on winning June's fabulous giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Lori, this is gorgeous! I love your pin cushion! What a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunningly beautiful combination, the card and the pin cushion! Two fabulous projects!! Who doesn't love cupcakes? I know I do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and yummy felt cupcake!!! So beautiful color combination and details! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails