Monday, September 27, 2010

Fairy Bride



My cousin participates in a women's Friendship Dinner in Hobart, Oklahoma. She is the hostess for her table and designs the setting. Her theme this year is Wedding. The past couple of years, she has asked me to create cards around her theme. I found this darling little fairy bride and knew it would have to be for one of the cards. I used the sketch at City Crafter Challenge blog to create it.
I kind of "scrunched" the sketch a little. I've been so busy the past few weeks with special orders, I wasn't sure I'd be able to complete it in time to post it on the City Crafter blog, but I think I'm going to make it with just a few hours to spare. The City Crafter blog has some quite excellent challenges. I really like the variety of challenges. If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it. The papers on this card are from My Minds Eye, except for the white lacy edge which is from Anna Griffin.
That cute crocheted lace at the bottom of the picture is from Hero Arts. I wanted the ribbons to be a pretty close match, so I dyed that yesterday.


6 comments:

  1. So pretty, I am so glad you make it for this week sketch challenge, lovely glittered image and I love your vintage style, as always.. thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, so good to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a GORGEOUS vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card, lori! love the colors! what a great take on the sketch. yummy yummy seam binding and love that image. it's so cool and unique! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori,
    This is such a wonderful creation.. I love that image.. You always find the best images...
    So happy you played along with us this week... Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lori, this is gorgeous! I love the vintage look and the paper you used is awesome! What a wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, i have to say EVERYTHING you make is gorgeous...but this little baby miiiiiight just be my ♥FAVORITE♥! i am loving all the texture and collageyness (YES, that is a word, lol!) and sparkly layers! i would eagerly attend any event in which this was part of the decor!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails